Using library Resources
Digital Resources A-Z
Other Resources online
Open Access Resources
Library Rules & Regulations
Online Access Catalog-(OPAC)
Library Discovery tool
Online Books - Graduate school
About the Library.
At the ground flow of the university building is the main library comprising of one section, which is situated at Kampala University main Campus Ggaba.
It has a seating capacity of One hundred users, over 32,000 print volumes, over 500 journal titles, and over 900 dissertations. It has 20 computers all linked to the Internet. The Wireless Internet coverage is also available in the Library, enabling students and staff with laptops computers to access the internet while in the Library.
Kampala University has four other branches and they all have libraries. We have a branch at mutundwe nursing school,
Masaka branch, Jinja branch and Luweero branch. Kampala University is affiliated with The East African University, a Kenyan
Institution, whose Campus is located in Kitengela, Kajiado District, Rift Valley Province, approximately 40 kilometres (25 miles),
by road, southeast of Nairobi, the Capital of Kenya, and the largest City in that country. Professor Badru Kateregga, the Vice Chancellor of
Kampala University, also serves as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of TEAU.
To become the referral centre in the provision of Information and knowledge in the Region and the World.
To support the Educational objectives of the University through provision of resources both print and non print and disseminating them to academic staff, researchers, students body and the surrounding community.
The university library aims at achieving its mission of providing information resources in support of the teaching,
research and community endeavors of the university by striving to achieve the following objectives.
- Selecting and acquiring up to date information resources in all formats that are relevant to the information needs of the university.
- Organizing the collection using internally acceptable standards to allow easy retrieval.
- Adopting information dissemination strategies-current awareness services and selective dissemination of information to ensure optimum exploitation of the resources of the library.
- Building the information literacy and skills of its users continuously by conducting proper user education and instruction through variety of methods in order to provide guidance to the library users.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining well qualified, experienced and dedicated professional library staff in the area of library and information sciences who will offer high quality services to the users of the library.
- Adopting technologies that will make information resources accessible to the university community in an efficient and effective manner.
- Formulating sound library policy that will act as a guide to achievements of the library’s mission/vision.
Library Discovery tool
It is a one stop centre where one searches all the databases the library subscribes to. Libhub provides a single search interface for searching all the databases.