- The English Language Communicative Needs among International Students
- LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (2012-11-01)
English language learning, teaching and communication has been, and by all indications will continue to be, an important part of Uganda reform and modernization. In order to contribute empirical data to the English Language importance to International students in Uganda education, this study investigated the English language communicative needs of Kampala University International students by investigating their targeted needs in the courses offered at the University. The language situation at two Kampala University Ggaba, Main Campus and Mutundwe Campus which were the centre of this study, revealed the need for international students whose first or second languages is not English, to have a high level of proficiency in the English language since they study in English when they come to Uganda.The data collected revealed that most respondents felt the impact of English Language inefficiency was greatly affecting their general academic performance.
- Register for Online Course in Research Writing
- Call for Applications: Participate in Summer Schools on Sustainable Energetics for Africa
- Call for Volunteers: Social Media Reporters for African University Day 2016